Olympic Parade

Today was really unexpected for me. I was headed down to Circular Quay to catch a Ferry ride over to see a friend for lunch…when I happened upon the welcome home parade for the Olympic Athletes! Since I work from home and keep the news on pretty much all day, I should have been aware of this event, but as often as I am shut out background noise, the barricaded streets were a bit of surprise to me. So I got a front row section on a non-crowded street and got to cheer on some medalists! Even shook some hands too!! And who would think that standing next to me during this I would meet Amy, a girl from Boston. FUN! I fly across the world to make friends from my hometown. Typical!

1 Response to "Olympic Parade"

gravatar
Bluegrass Belle Says:

Americans are everywhere...

Post a Comment